General Business and Company Law
Our highly regarded team offer a wide range of services to a broad range of different businesses and companies and they advise on:-
- Business formation and organisation: limited companies, limited partnerships, family limited partnerships, community interest companies
- Company Reorganisation including company own share purchases
- Re-instating companies which have been struck off
- Allotments of shares
- Shareholders and partnership agreements
- Mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures
- Business succession planning
- Corporate Dissolution
- Contract disputes and general business litigation
We understand the differing needs of businesses and the diverse size and types of business. For this reason we aim to offer tailored and pragmatic solutions to help your business move forward and overcome any legal hurdles you may encounter.
We regularly advise our business clients on a broad range of legal arrangements including:
- standard terms and conditions of trade;
- distribution and agency contracts;
- manufacturing agreements;
- supply and maintenance agreements;
- rental agreements;
- non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements;
- franchise agreements;
- outsourcing agreements;
- technology agreements.
Sales and Acquisitions
Our team have a wealth of experience with both smaller local businesses as well as national companies in relation to company sale and purchase transactions. Buying or selling a business or shares in a company can be a daunting, as well as detailed and complex process. Our experienced team will work with buyers to enable them to find out and understand the target business in order to ascertain the level of protection needed and the risk management for unknown liabilities and with sellers to manage their liability for such matters. We manage the time frames and the disclosure process between the parties.
We can help you with:
- advising on the structuring of transactions (share or business and asset sales/acquisitions);
- sales and acquisitions of shares;
- sales and acquisitions of businesses and assets;
- management buy outs and buy ins
- company mergers;
- disclosure and due diligence.
“No small query was too much trouble for the solicitor, who was so helpful and friendly. This is how customer service should be, but sadly rarely is nowadays.”