Contested Probate and Will Disputes
Our team of contentious probate solicitors include both private client lawyers and litigation solicitors who are specialists in dealing with contentious trusts and probate disputes. Our contentious probate solicitors can help you in disputing or contesting a Will.
How to contest or dispute a Will
Inheritance claims are far broader than simply contesting or disputing a Will because inheritance laws give a variety of options depending on the different situations in which people find themselves.
For example the people who want to contest a Will often tell us:-
- I’m not mentioned in the Will
- He/she died without having a Will
- I think the Will is invalid
- There are mistakes in the Will
- The lawyer that wrote the Will was negligent
- The person administering the Will is not doing their job properly
While there are many probate solicitors, there are few firms that genuinely specialise in handling contested probate cases, we are one of them. We have experienced solicitors that are experienced in both litigation as well as probate and, Wills and Trust related matters. If you need help with a Will dispute, we can fight your case for you.
We can assist with the following areas:-
- Challenges to Wills
- Claims against estates by dependents
- Removal of Executors and Trustees
- Applications to rectify Wills in cases of mistake
- Applications for directions from the Court in the administration of an estate
If you believe you have a contested probate claim please contact a member of our team.