Sometimes professionals do make mistakes or they fail to perform their duties correctly. Our professional negligence solicitors provide specialist support to businesses that have received negligent advice or service from their advisors. Our solicitors have experience in acting for claimants in claims against professionals including, but not limited to; accountants, architects, barristers, engineers, solicitors, financial advisors, insurance brokers, surveyors, tax consultants, and investment fund managers.
Our aim is to resolve cases swiftly where possible, making a successful use of the procedure set out in the professional negligence pre action protocol. Cases sometimes are resolved through the use of Part 36 offers as well as through negotiations, whether face to face or with the assistance of an impartial mediator. Sometimes however it is necessary to proceed to trial and our lawyers are experienced at preparing for and pursuing negligence claims against professionals and have a very good success rate at trial and through negotiated settlements.
Common examples of professional negligence include:-
- Negligent advice and/or the mis-selling of a product by a Financial Advisor.
- Incorrect property valuations from a Surveyor or a failure to spot significant defects.
- Missing a certain time limit by a solicitor, which leaves a client liable to significant losses.
- Failure to perform property searches by a conveyancer or real estate solicitor which leads to a client overpaying or purchasing a property without the facts that they would reasonably expect which has liabilities the purchaser was unaware of.
- Failure to draft documents correctly by a solicitor in business transactions.
- Claim against a hedge fund manager in relation to negligent mismanagement of the investment portfolio.
How our professional negligence solicitors can help
Professional negligence cases can be complex and it may not be immediately clear to you whether you have a claim against your professional.
Your enquiry will be dealt with efficiently and confidentially and a professional negligence solicitor will be appointed to deal with your case. Your solicitor will assess your claim and support you throughout.